- General, Reconstructive, Soft Tissue, Abdominal, Thoracic, Orthopaedic, and Ophthalmic
- Endoscopy, on-site lab, referral lab, digital radiography, Ultrasonography, EKG, Cardiology
- Very important to your pet’s quality of life and we embrace it vigorously
- Looking good is part of feeling good. Pet grooming is provided by Wet Nose Dog Spa (Phone 205-981-9430). For cat grooming, (Phone 205-991-7986) please ask for Lisa.
Basic Obedience Dog Training
- Supervised daycare for your dog. $16 for a half day and $25 for a full day. For more information, visit www.thebarkingzone.com
- Visitation: While your pet is hospitalized in our pet care veterinary clinic, in most instances we encourage visitation with your pet. However, in some cases visiting your pet could be counterproductive to their treatment. So, please check with us prior to scheduling a visit with your hospitalized pet.
- We enjoy taking calls from you and discussing your pet’s progress. These phone calls should be made after 10:00 am so that we can attend to all of the needs of all hospitalized patients first then, devote time to discussing the status with you.
If there is an unexpected change of a more critical nature, rest in the knowledge that we will contact you immediately.
- Discharge: Please plan to pick up your hospitalized pet between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm on weekdays, 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm on Saturdays, and 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm on Sundays unless you have been advised otherwise. This allows us time to properly diagnose your pet, treat your pet, formulate a home care plan, and fill prescriptions. Then a doctor or technician can spend time discussing all aspects of your pet’s needs in a relaxed session with all pertinent information gathered and available.
- Check-Out: Here at Caldwell Mill Animal Clinic, we love our work, but we, like you, realize our personal time with our families is also precious. This is why we ask that you honor our posted hospital hours and pick up and drop off your pet during these hours only. If you feel that you must pick up or drop off before or after our posted hours, please note that there is a $50.00 per pet charge for this service.
Boarding is an integral part of providing full service for your pet’s care and nurturing. Reservations are required for all holidays and spring break weeks. We do not require vaccines annually anymore as some are a 3-year vaccine now. Boarding animals is not part of veterinary medicine but a service we are happy to offer our clients. We strongly urge that you make reservations for boarding, especially during holidays and summer, since we have limited space. Click here to see our Menu of Boarding Services.
- Facility: Every facility of our clinic has been planned for the comfort and well being of your pet. The hospital contains stainless steel housing units and cat condos. The kennels have smooth concrete walls and floors that are kept hygienically clean. Environmental temperature is controlled by separate central air conditioning and heating units for your pet’s comfort and all pets are kept indoors. Dogs are allowed outdoors in fenced runs a minimum of two times daily for exercise. All dogs and cats are provided a blanket or Hubba Bed hammocks to sleep on at their home away from home.
- Illness: A trained and vigilant staff assures your pet of conscientious supervision. In the event of illness, while boarding, we will contact you to discuss the course of treatment. If you cannot be reached, rest assured we will initiate proper treatment for your pet.
- Parasites: If any parasites are found to be plaguing your pet upon admission to the kennel, we will remedy the situation and charges will be made accordingly.
Please note, reservations are required and we strongly urge clients to use our email system to place boarding reservations for prompter responses. Cancellations – In order to best serve all of our clients, any cancellations for luxury boarding must be done 48 hours prior to the scheduled date of boarding or you will be charged a $60 cancellation fee. Similarly, any cancellations for standard boarding during spring break or a holiday must be done 48 hours prior to the scheduled date of boarding or you will be charged a $40 cancellation fee.
Vaccinations – Required for your pets to be boarded or hospitalized are as follows:
- Dogs: We require dogs to be up to date on their Rabies, DHPP vaccines and we require their Bordetella vaccine every 6 months
- Cats: We require them to be up to date on their Rabies, FVRCP, and Bordetella.
We hope that knowing that your pets, as well as those around your pets, are protected from these diseases will bring you peace of mind.
Emergency service is provided on a 24-hour basis. If you have an emergency after hours, simply dial our regular telephone number (205-991-7986), and you will be prompted to a veterinarian or a technician through our voice mail system. Most emergencies are directed to one of the two available emergency pet care facilities, as they have a full staff ready to serve you and your pet.
Laser therapy is a surgery-free, drug-free, non-invasive treatment to relieve pain & accelerate the body’s natural healing process. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWhUrQQjMPM
Fees and Payments
Veterinary health care costs are rising right along with other health care industry costs. We make every effort to control costs but at the same time maintain a level of care that is worthy of your approval and satisfaction. One of the ways we accomplish this is by requesting payment at the time services or products are received. This controls cost and elevates our level of care because we can devote staff members to serving you and your pet rather than performing billing procedures. We gladly accept cash, checks, Visa, Care Credit, MasterCard and Discover cards to facilitate adherence to this policy.